Thursday, July 5, 2007

Starting Out

This post is a test to see if it displays correctly as I work on it.

I think I've finally got it to a point where I'm comfortable showing it off. Took me long enough to figure out - Blogger is quite different from the time I used it years ago!

This blog will be used to post little (as in five hundred words little. maybe?) essays or opinion pieces on topics that interest/provoke/intrigue me. The topics will probably range from politics, to TV shows, to music, to current events going on in my city - just a hodge-podge of various subjects. So this is not a personal chronology of my day - and it won't be updated daily. I'm going to shoot for once a week. I'm hoping it will be an excerise in re-developing my writing skill and style beyond a casual tone, and an excerise in writing something besides writing for academia purposes.

The comments are turned on and unmoderated, but I ask that if you do not agree with my viewpoint to please do so diplomatically. As Joseph Joubert once wrote, "It is better to debate a question without settling it, than to settle a question without debating it." I'd like to employ that sort of thinking to this blog when it comes to commenting.

Now - about the layout. I adore the little girl picture and the use of the colours. Figuring out how to make that 'Blog Descriptor' disappear was a challenge, but I managed! This layout is quite pretty, if I do say so myself.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Much cool!

Anonymous said...

This is neat :)

Heather said...

Very pretty layout! You've inspired me to (someday soon) sit down and create myself a new template!

dust and kam said...

I need to figure out how to do that! :) I don't like blogger layouts!

Thanks for visiting! :)