Thursday, July 26, 2007

Time Difference

Funny story:

Tonight I went to sleep at 5:30pm. This is not unusual because I usually go to bed at this time, sleep until late evening, and then am up all night and most of the next day. However, tonight I woke up at 7:30 and since it was still semi light out, I thought it was 7:30AM. I could have sworn my computer clock also said AM. I thought I had slept throughout the night! Since I was still tired and my brain is overstressed to the point of just not caring, I decided to just go back to sleep (blowing off my 8am class in the process). I set my alarm for noon, since that is when I have to get up to deal with something really important, and zoinked out again.

Flash forward. I woke up at 9:15 to it being nearly fully dark out. I scrambled out of bed and wondered why my alarm counter on my computer hadn't gone off yet. I nearly had a heart attack when I looked at the little clock in the taskbar and realized it said PM. Had I really slept a full day?! And missed everything I had to do? Most importantly, did I really just let down everyone I've been frantically arranging things with and miss my chance to move?!

Just as I was going into a slight panic attack, I flipped open my cellphone. There, in lovely black font, glowing up at me with reassuring clarity, was the date.

Thursday, July 26th, 2007.

Whew!

No comments: