Monday, February 21, 2011

Blimp

I posted that I reached the magical number of 101 pounds lost on December 11.

Then Christmas happened. And I started eating junk food and bread products and fast food.
And Tat stopped doing flyers, which meant I stopped doing flyers.
Then I got sick in early January.

The result of all of this is that at my six month appointment (January 28), I was 259.

two hundred and fifty nine pounds.

I gained. And not just a little bit. Apparently my body likes to go big or go home.
***
Awful doesn't even begin to cover how I felt. This was further compounded by the highly unsatisfying doctors visit where I felt like a big, fat, RnY failure.

I wallowed for about a week. And then I realized a few key things:
1) I need physical exercise. Some people can do this on diet alone. I, apparently, am not one of them.
2) I really can't eat stuff like cereal or bread or junk food. The junk food is a no brainer, but I can't believe I let it creep back into what I eat.

I refocused and did two major things:
Redefined what I consider a treat. My two big things right now are No Sugar Added Jell-o chocolate pudding and honey lemon tea.

Added a wack of physical exercise. I do Biggest Loser on the Wii at home 3-4 times a week and Tat & I have made a re-commitment to the gym - we go 2-3 times a week and spend a solid hour and a half each time.
I conquered my fear of the treadmill and everything bouncing, and I set a major goal for myself: To run two 5k's this year - one on May 28, and the other on October 2. Run. Not walk. (To do this I started following the C25K program). We go to Zumba a couple of times a week and I'm hoping we make it to an Aquafit class sometime soon.

I'm still not down to my December 11 weight, but I'm close. In 3 weeks I've lost 16 pounds.

But most of all?

I don't feel awful anymore.

2 comments:

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Sounds like you're on the right track. I envy how active you are! I really love goign to the gym (its SO hard to go but don't you love how fantastic you feel after?!), but I just plain do NOT have room for that in my schedule at the moment.

Great job lady, keep it up!

Britt said...

Way to re-focus. Sounds like you've got a great plan!