Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The cake

I'm currently hyperventilating over the cost of our cake.

I think this will be a battle won by Keith.

And I'm realizing that according to all the 'experts' out there, I'm going about planning my wedding the entirely wrong way. I'm basically booking the first vendor I meet with. 'Experts' say to try at least 3 of each.

Can you say EXHAUSTING? I literally do not have the time or patience to meet with three separate vendors for each thing. Plus, this internet and email thing? VERY HANDY TOOL.

But still. Hyperventilating over the cost of this damn cake.
Keith likes our baker. Doesn't want to meet with anyone else.
Therein lies our problem.

I think I might let him have this one. He conceded on the honeymoon registry idea (not registering at all, thank you. One less stressor).

I don't have any pictures to show you of it because its a custom designed sketch, but I'll try my best to describe it:

Three tier cake. The bottom and top tier will be white, with the middle tier being orange. The white tiers will have a dark gray ribbon around the bottom. There will be a spray? cascade? of sugar-paste flowers on the side of the cake, reaching from the top of the bottom tier to the bottom of the top tier, and the colour of the flowers will be white in the middle and then gradually whiten so that the ones at either end will be orange.

Whew. That was a mouthful. Hopefully I'll have a sketch pretty soon so I can actually show you what it's going to look like.

And the flavours?
We've tentatively decided on chocolate cake with raspberry filling, vanilla cake with cookies & cream filling, and red velvet with cream cheese filling.

Its a damn shame I'm probably only going to be able to eat three bites of it.

No comments: