Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hair & Makeup...?





So there's four possible choices for my hairstyle on Wday. Starting from the bottom: super pulled back, relaxed pulled back, completely down, and half up/half down.

Which looks the most flattering? Right now I'm trying to figure out if I can afford to have my hair professionally done, which would be ideal. Also, kind of regretting my decision to chop it off for the summer, even though I looked like a drowned rat. As for the back, I just want defined yet loose curls. If it's half up/half down that should be easy enough to do by myself, but if I decide on up, then this is what I'm envisioning. I definitely can't afford both a hair trial AND the day of, so I need to be 100% committed to one hairstyle. I probably won't be wearing a veil, instead I'll either pick up some sparkly hair pins or a very very thin jewelled headband.

As for makeup - in these pictures I'm wearing foundation, pressed power, a touch of blush, sliver eyeshadow, and mascara. Pretty basic - whenever I actually wear makeup this is what I wear (I either wear pink or silver eyeshadow. I know eh? Booorring). I know I need to add some sort of lip colour and figure out how to hide that unsightly brown mark near my lip, but do I need to add more makeup overall? Is it fine to do this portion of it myself? I mean - I don't look too bad ... right?

So, lovelies, what should I do?

And more importantly; what did you do for your wedding? Professional for both or did you do one (or all!) yourself? How did it turn out?

7 comments:

dust and kam said...

I like relaxed pulled back. And I think your make-up looks great. You still want to look like you, after all. :)

I did my own hair and make-up. I have always wished that I would have had someone else do it for me. Even a friend. I just pulled it half up, nothing exciting. I wish I would have done a little bit more than my normal hair. But, in the end, it all worked out.

I think you will look fabulous!

You definitely do not look bad. You look great!

Heather said...

I love the loosely pulled back style, you look really pretty and elegant.

I like the makeup, but def needs a touch more colour somewhere.

I had hair and makeup done. My makeup lady was super cheap and I loved how she did it. I got a trial run, and mine and my sister's makeup done on the day for $40! It was so nice to be a little pampered and have one less thing to worry about.

mrslala said...

I agree that the loose up is pretty - I also like it down though.

Makeup looks good, maybe lipgloss or lipstick too would be good though?

Anonymous said...

Relaxed pulled back looks beautiful.
Makeup looks good as well. Maybe add a lip color that is pink. Have you looked into getting your makeup done at a department store. Sometimes they'll do it if you buy an item.

Allison Blass said...

I'd say bump it up just a little. You need some blush... you look pretty pale in the pictures. And maybe some mascara to make your eyes pop. I'm sort of anti-eye liner so my makeup artist is only using it on my top lid. She did my bottom and I said "too much!" You might also want to get some darker shades of eyeshadow too just to accent your eyes. And of course, yes, lip gloss. Think of it as stage make-up. In photos, if your make up is too basic, it won't really look like you're wearing *anything*. Wedding make-up is the time to be natural, but definitely use a bit more than you normally would. Especially since the photographer is not going to be taking photos that close to your face.

As for hair: I like your hair down. You have a round face like me and my hair is going to be half up half down with curls, just like you described. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the relaxed back!

I'll be doing my own hair and make up, too!

Lira Kellerman said...

First off, you have the prettiest blue eyes I have ever seen! I think your hair softly pulled back helps pop your eyes.

As for makeup, you need more. You need to go heavier than you normally do so that it will show up in pictures. If you feel like a clown, you probably almost have enough.

In fact, take a look at Adele's makeup. http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2008/01/04/adele460.jpg
You have similar features, and I think you'd look amazing, as she focuses mainly on her very large beautiful eyes too.

And look! I just found a tutorial for you! Yay youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSP3Yqqk1Vg

I hope this helps. :)