Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tired. Oh, so very, very tired.

I'm so tired I'm listening to 'easy rock' because that's all I have the energy for. Insomnia strikes again - been up for a continuous 28 hours. Egads. and add some wicked cramps (which just appeared a couple hours ago while I was out, oh joy!) to that mix, if you will. Me hurts.

My room is a mess (seriously, to find anything in here, you'd need a backhoe, an excavation permit and an archaeologist's degree), I have all week's notes to recopy and file into the appropriate binders (I take a single notebook with me to all my classes, record my notes, then transcribe them over the weekend) plus some assignments to look at and start working on, one of which is due Tuesday and worth 15%. Gotta love those. Oh, and don't forget the laundry either.

The AIDS walk is tonight, and I had planned on going, but I'm just too exhausted (and sore). That makes me unbelievably sad. Yet again, I find I'm promising myself that next year I'll go. I did the same thing this past Thursday with the "Take Back The Night" March as well. Seriously though, right now it's taking all my energy to move my fingers to the appropriate keys, so it's definitely not going to happen.

Spent the morning with an old acquaintance whom I hadn't seen in over 2 years - he kept commenting on my eyes - at one point he said they were "sweet". Um, what? Eyes can be sweet? .... urr. yeah.

Okay, time for some lovely painkillers - I just reached my pain tolerance threshold and it doesn't feel pretty - and definitely time for a really, really long snooze.....

........just after I finish one of the funniest books in the world, Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. I read some of last night, and most of it on the 45 min-long bus rides to and from my friends place today - if I hadn't been in public I would have been bent over double in stitches at some of the passages. I've only got a bit left, and it's too good to put down, 28 hours of wakefulness notwithstanding.

I'm craving salad too, but later. much, much later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, my sweet, is it even possible to crave salad? And if so, why do I never crave it? Why am I always wanting crisps or cake or ice cream? I think I am defective.

And thank you for the book recommendation. I am expectantly awaiting my just purchased copy to arrive in the mail this week :)

KB

sarah said...

lol I find it possible to crave salad - I crave that, tomato slices sprinkled with salt (with or without the open-faced sandwich part included), Sprite pop, red meat and hugs, all the time....I think I may be defective, because who craves those things?? You're supposed to crave what you said, not healthy stuff! lol.

Happy reading! (and thanks for commenting, you're a doll *hugs <3)