Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bits & Bobbles

I hate that I'm able to stay up for more than 24 hours at a stretch, get four or five hours of sleep, and then be up for a long time again (12+ hours). It's slightly annoying, especially when the times you sleep and are awake are all out of wack with the regular world.

Thank goodness for sleeping pills. And books. And Guitar Hero.

And the Dixie Chicks. mmm, country music at its finest.

I've decided to go ahead and spend the money necessary to purchase a violin and take up doing lessons again. I miss it, and playing Guitar Hero these last few days have brought back a faint impression of the joy and satisfaction I feel when I'm playing music (I say faint impression because I'm not actually playing music when I play a video game). So this means I'll also be part-time job-hunting quite soon to make up for the money spent on that endeavor.

Apparently I gave my friend good luck today. He's a goalie on a hockey team and he played a game tonight - and he's very superstitious (like any self-respecting hockey player should be!). Today he saved 99% of the goals scored on him, and since hanging out with me was the only deviance in his normal routine, he credited me with being his lucky charm. I'm flattered, but mostly I think it's
a) he's a good goalie and
b) he's finally settled into playing again.

I'm happy. Deliciously happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have made a decision re: music. I hope you get lots of joy and satisfaction from it. Feel free to share your musical talent this-aways (I am a musical talent free zone.)

KB

sarah said...

ugh, now I'm not so sure. I don't it would be wise for me right now to spend all that money on it when I know I'll be scrambling for tuition funds come spring.
*sigh* First thing when I'm out of college, I swear. *extremely sad face*

Heather said...

Are there any places you can hire musical instruments? Having something you're good at and makes you feel happy is so important, there has to be a way to make it happen?!

Btw, havent been by for a bit and there were four new entries to read-yay lol.