Thursday, September 20, 2007

Of puppies and rainbows and sparkly things....yeah right!

I hung out with my bff {best friend forever, like omg!} last night. He invited me along to keep him company while he got his hair done after class. On the way there, I saw someone whom I swore I'd kick his ass from here to next Sunday if I ever did see him again (guess what? I didn't, and I still can't believe I didn't!! If you knew the history - which is something I'd rather not revisit - I think you would kick his ass too).

Went to his place afterwards, and he had a VERY nice surprise waiting for him in his mailbox --- his very first credit card! ohhh dear. What else to do when you get something like that? Why, go out shopping and dinner, OF COURSE! heehee. We're bad, I know. ;-) I kept teasing him & putting ideas in his head of what he could use his credit card on. It was really funny :-)

So we go downtown - now, my bff and I used to live there, quite literally. My address at one point was the cubby next to 93 Rideau (a McDonald's) for a couple of months. So we know a bunch of people, because downtown is the place where "those people" live. Last night was no exception - within 5 minutes of stepping off the bus we ran into 3 people - one who was panhandling and missing a front tooth from when I last saw him (I was saddened by that - the missing tooth, that is), one who proudly exclaimed that 'he was going to jail for 32 months because he stabbed someone' ....uh, yeah. Moving along quickly now....

And, last but not least....an ex-boyfriend. Who somehow wound up inviting himself along on OUR ENTIRE EVENING! *sees red* How rude can one person GET?! And when I say "entire evening" I mean, ENTIRE EVENING! gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! *still fuming* Have any of you suffered through this? How do you diplomatically and politely get rid of someone like that?!

We bought a couple things in the mall - me, Guitar Hero II (yeah, yeah, I know...I'm gonna go hide my head in shame now); him, a computer game (something to do with LordOfTheRings), shoes and some pretty amazing headphones - met up again with friend #1 outside and chatted for a bit (I slipped him 5$ just 'cuz I've been there, and it literally f---ing sucks) and then proceeded to go to LoneStar for dinner. OMG. Super yummy. We had Texas size Mango Margaritas with an extra shot of some sort of tequila - actually I had 3.5? I think, and Shawn 2.5 - and split a pound of mesquite steak fajitas with all the fixin's - the fixin's being rice, beans, guacamole, sour cream, diced & seasoned tomatoes, lettuce, cheese...just a feast! Fills you right up and it's a really reasonable price as well. (and yes, throughout the entire dinner, that lovely uninvited ex-boyfriend of mine was still there! He was there until we grabbed a cab to go home *roll eyes*).

Anyway, slept over at his place (on the couch) and woke up at 4am for some INSANE non-explained reason. It was the first time I've seen his kitties - he's got the momma & 2 of her kittens - for a couple of months (yeah, I know, I'm a bad friend) and they've gotten SO big! and GORRRRgeous! omg. Gray, fluffy, oh-so-incredibly-soft hair (you could shave them & make furry things out of it) and looking quite regal. I think it's the first time I've actually liked a cat better as a half-grown than a kitten!

Went out for breakfast at a Mom&Pop's...then went to St. Vincent Du Paul's in search of a dresser for me. Ohh, how I love thee, second hand furniture shops! I picked up some books too - because how can one, such as myself, resist?? I think I got 5 or 6 hardcovers for 14$...what a bargain! And I managed to get delivery at halfprice - from 40$ - because the dresser I bought wasn't even 40$. It's being delivered sometime between 8am-1pm tomorrow. YAY, no more living out of a suitcase (literally)!!

It was the first time I've left my kitty alone at night since I've gotten him and he was really not happy when I got home. Meowed at me for ages and ages. I'm teaching him some 'tricks' though - in order to get a treat, he has to be on the cat carrier next to my desk and has to be sitting. He actually does it too - now when you shake the Wiska's bag of treats he immediately jumps onto the carrier and sits. lol. He also gives kisses - I go "Kiss? Kiss?" when he's up near my face/neck and he actually licks your lips/chin. It's really quite cute. really. Now, if I could teach him not to nip or bite and his own name, we'll be all set.....

Oh yeah. For the recond, I rawk at Guitar Hero. ;-)

No comments: