Monday, September 17, 2007

Busy Work

Because I don't feel like answering 10 questions on whether or not the R.T.A. (Residential Tenancies Act) applies to certain landlord and tenant situations, I thought I'd waste a bit of time & figure out what my name would be if I ever, oh, you know, had to become a stripper, just in case this whole college-studying thing doesn't work out.

However, I am breathing a sigh of relief that my Accounting Class is just basically a rehash of what I studied in Grade 11 - whew! And the teacher is so absurd he's hilarious. I spent the entire class with my eyebrows up near my hairline thinking to myself - "This guy's for SERIOUS?!"

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Esso OC Transpo. (A kitten and the local transit-system).
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Neopolitan Double Chocolate Chip. (Yeah, I can just see how seriously my "home-y G's" would take me now).
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first letter of your first name, hyphen, first 3 letters of your last) S-Fis, yo! gettin' jiggy wit' it, fer shore!
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Yellow Liger.
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Wylie Edmonton. (actually, I like this name....a lot. is that a bad thing?)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) Fissa. (Sounds too much like an actual name, doesn't it? Scary).
7. SUPERHERO NAME: ("The" + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Silver Sprite. (Sounds like a pair of skates, to be honest).
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Edward James. (Yep, I'd say that sounds sufficiently hick-ish).
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) Ginger Ale Twix, (but you can call me The Twixster *wink*).
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names) Marie Logan. (So guys, if you ever know of someone with that name, assume I pissed off the Mob, okay? Thanks).
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Sophie Saskatoon.
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Autumn Yellow Rose.
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Pear Pantsie.
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Popcorn Red Cedar.
15. YOUR ROCK STAR TOUR NAME: ("The" + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”) The Reading Thunderstorm-and-Lightening Tour! Now coming to a concert stage near YOU! (Tickets are 10$ in advance, 15$ at the door, payable to Ticketmaster).

That was fun. Now it's time to check the water pitcher I left in the freezer (cools it faster than leaving it in the fridge, not because I want ice to drink, in case you're wondering) and see if I can actually concentrate on this mini-homework assignment.

Just wondering - what happens when you take a piece of meat (in my case; steak, yum!) out of the freezer to defrost, but when it comes around to dinner you just aren't hungry?

What do you do with the piece of meat?!

addendum:
it is, in fact, quite amazing what 'busy work' I will create for myself when I just don't want to do something. This evening, I've ... gone out to
Shoppers (that store is quickly becoming a hazard to my debit card), deposited a cheque, cleaned the entire apartment, fiddled with changed my entire blog layout, chatted on MSN, replied to someone in depth in e-mail format, played with my kitten, and, yep, FORGOT that I left my water in the freezer. So now I have really cold water with ice shards, because I am a tool.

addendum2: Avril Lavinge sounds hilarious when she's singing the Italian version of her song "Girlfriend". Just thought I'd throw that out there - don't ask me how I know this.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

those are really funny names! I'd never seen so many before--usually it's just the rock star ones or whatever--oh, those crack me up. shades of high school.

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Wow... I tried out some of those and all I can say is wow... oh, and laugh evilly. MUWAHAHAHAHA.

To the meat question, might aswell make a meal out of it for the next time your hungry. Or marinade it. or chop it up into small pieces and feed it to your pet gopher.

It truly is a wonder what you can get done when you don't want to do your work. Everything but your work of course.

sarah said...

omg! feeding it to my pet gopher! why didn't I think of that?! *smacks forehead* what a brilliant idea :-D I'll be sure to do that next time....just, uh, once I get a pet gopher, that is. yep, you can count on it! ;-)