Friday, September 21, 2007

Teaching A Lesson

How does something so small and cute cause such a MESS?!!?

This little fella loves to climb into the fridge while yours truly has the door open, wondering what exactly I'm hungry for. Normally I just chase him out by fake-closing the door on him but today I decided to *stern mommy voice* teach him a lesson! Yeah.....

So I shut the door, leaving him inside the fridge and wait for him to squeak. Not even five minutes goes by and I hear a tremendous rattle coming from inside the fridge, so I open the door............CRASH!!! There goes the top shelf! He somehow climbed all of the fridge shelves and was on top of the door. Milk, alcohol bottles (neither of which opened or broke, thank god - cuz they were my roommates), my friend's potato wedges, a tub of garlic butter, and an entire full pitcher of water now decorated the floor in front of the fridge. Thank you, Little One, it was just what I needed to make my day complete as soon as I woke up. And thank you, Mr. Bounty. Your services were greatly required today and you rose to the task admirably. I don't know what I'd do without your "Quilted-Picker-Upper" qualities. Really.

3 comments:

Just Mom said...

That is one smart cat you got there.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such a kind comment. Thanks also for letting me visit yours.

Anonymous said...

That's one smart & devilish kitty ya got there...and handsome! I wonder which of you learnt the bigger lesson?!? :P

KB

sarah said...

Just Mom - Thank you! Feel free to come back and comment anytime.

KB - lol! Well, considering he hasn't gone back into the fridge since it happened, I think the mess was worth it. Now lets just hope the scare of it doesn't wear off, because I would hate to do it again! (well, maybe plan it a bit better aka: not having anything on the top shelf, LOL)