Friday, October 26, 2007

my day, in all its boring glory!

Today has been fantastic! Although, why do all my fantastic days fall on a Friday? I really should work on making them fall on a Monday so it ensures I have a good week, school productivity-wise!

Got up this morning at 7:30am (which is big for me because I specifically arranged my timetable to start no earlier than 11:30, but most of my classes are in the afternoon, so I don't have to get up early, natch) and was out the door by 8:30. Went downtown and got my "Articles of Incorporation" (Phase I of my major Corporate Law assignment) stamped all official-like at City Hall. The only thing I was missing was the postal code in one area, but the clerk said "in real life, I would let them write it in with black ink" - so I did, he stamped, I left. Whole thing took five minutes.

I was back on campus by 10:30, so I went up to the 3rd floor B-Building labs and started working on Phase II of the same assignment. All it really entails is just submitting information from the file you're given into a legal software program called Fastco, and then it produces the documents you need with the relevant information. Finished inputting the information by 11:00; I'll produce the documents later - main thing is the information is all there in the software file (and, in real life, it means more billable hours! bwahaha!).

11:30 to 1:00 was Accounting. I failed the midterm something awful, but he gave us the detailed solutions to study - the make-up midterm is on Monday. All you get on the makeup is a pass or fail - if you fail a second time, you fail the entire course. Which isn't going to happen, people! Then, once that part of the course is done, you have to do 11 exercises off this Accounting software, with step-by-step instructions provided, by yourself and/or on your own time. So if you finish by next week, then you're completely finito. You don't have to come to class anymore....nice added incentive to finish quickly, eh? I finished Exercises 1-5 during class time; I didn't really feel like sticking around to finish all of them, even though I could have.

My Motion (for Civil Procedures) group meeting was postponed as 2 of my group members had to go get their "Articles of Incorporation" stamped - I'm on the Responding party anyways, so my stuff isn't due for a couple of weeks yet. We're meeting Monday to go over it, I think?
Went home after Accounting because Civil & Corporate were cancelled, and since I did all my work for Corporate beforehand there was really no point in sticking around anyways. So instead of being done at 5:30, I was done at 1:00 - SCORE! That made me happy!

Still to do today is clean my room (which is what I should be doing instead of boring you all with my school stuff), take back my bed and argue forcefully explain politely that I would like a full refund (not store credit or exchange). Hopefully I won't have to get too bitchy assertive. And hopefully they'll do it! If push comes to shove, though, I always have my sob story of how I'm actually sleeping on the floor and this refund is the only way I can afford a proper bed. Oh, I'm good.
;-)

3 comments:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Good days tend to come on a Friday with me too. I hope that you get your bed back! Fake tears might help. *ponders*

dust and kam said...

I love Fridays!!

Anonymous said...

Busy Beaver!!!

Did ya get the bed thing sorted?!?

KB