Tuesday, November 20, 2007

General Mish-Mash

I have an assessment meeting next Thursday for the housing I'm trying to get into. Yay!

in other news, I'm going slightly mad. Roommie is staying at her moms place for right now, meaning I have the entire apartment to myself....with no forms of communication whatsoever. Last night I found myself eating entirely too much & talking out loud to myself. Can we say, bored (and a little lonely)?!! I also watch incredible amounts of TV....Everyday I watch 2 hours of Friends (from 5:00-5:30 then again from 6:00-7:30) a half hour of Will & Grace (from 5:30-6:00) and then Jeopardy! plus the following:

Monday - 9pm: Heroes, 10pm: Project Runway Canada
Tuesday - 8pm: Pushing Daisies, 9pm: House, 10pm: A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila
Wednesday - 8pm: America's Next Top Model, 9pm: Criminal Minds, 10pm: CSI: NY
Thursday - 8pm: Ugly Betty, 9pm: Grey's Anatomy, 10pm: ER
Friday - The usual Friends & Jeopardy marathon & then it gets turned off.
Saturday - I try to keep it off the entire day, but usually get sucked into watching random stuff.
Sunday - 7pm: Cold Case, 8pm: The Amazing Race, 9pm: Desperate Housewives

See? Entirely too much boob tube! But what else is one to do when she's read all her books on her shelf a zillion and thirteen times and doesn't have a computer?

Today was the first day I woke up past 10am in about a month - granted, I only woke up a half hour later, but my god! what a difference a half hour of extra sleep makes! Of course, then I had to go ruin it and go back to bed until 2pm, so I'm thinking it'll be time to dip into the dwindling supply of sleeping agents I have in my possession tonight. Although this was the longest stretch in about 2 years of me managing my insomnia successfully without drugs, so I'm very pleased about that - now if I could only do that again, I'll take the ever-growing feeling of sleep deprivation gladly! :P

Weekend was good, in case you're wondering, although a little squished - 24 people are so not meant to be dining in my uncle's dining room! It's still very much fall in Toronto - whereas here it was snowing (thankfully, not sticking!) when I left on Friday. There was a magician (really, one of my uncle's first-year med students from the ER) for the younger kids, and he was actually pretty decent! The young ones (lets see....I think there were about 6 kids under the age of 6) were really amazed at him - one of them told their mom afterwards: "I'm a magician now Mom! I'm a magician now!" Too cute!
One of my cousin's children, who's about 2, came up to me while I was talking to my Mom and held out his sweater to me and when I asked him if he wanted to put it on, replied with an affirmative "yus!" and I - well, put his sweater on? Except I've never dressed a kid before, lol. I put it over his head and then asked my mom "how the heck do you dress a little kid?!" Turns out toddlers arms are incredibly bendy! :S lol. Made me feel slightly clucky, but that's probably cuz he's such an adorable little guy - the whole ruddy big chubby cheeks, blonde curls and blue eyes bit. awwww. *heart melts*

Anyway, my roommate has just informed me that there is a laptop for my convenience waiting for me at the apartment (right now I'm in the school's computer lab) and my tush is incredibly numb, so I think I shall head to the comfort of my home!

Byes!

No comments: