Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Things are a'changin .... again ....

Today I received some news from my roommate which was fairly significant and kind of threw me for a loop - she got a job in another city come March, so that's when she's moving out.

I can't afford the rent on this place by myself, and I'm really not up to the challenge of finding another roommate; so I guess that means I'm moving. Again.

Woop.ee. (Excuse my enthusiam).

I'm going to try to see if I can get into what Skittles (my bff) is living in right now. Fingers crossed for me, please?
The enormity of this is just sinking in right now - its the first time I've ever actually lived truly alone, first time responsible for bills, first time for owning any furniture outside of things that belongs in the bedroom. Not to mention just the plain old yuckiness of moving. again.

Going up to T.O. this weekend to celebrate what would have been my Grandma's 90th birthday. This is the first birthday she's not here to celebrate it with us; it's going to be very bittersweet but nice - 26 people are coming and I can't wait to see everybody. I made the snap decision to go yesterday and now I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be a nice mini-break! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! That's not good news at all. More upheaval for poor Sez. I guess the upside is that she has given you lots of time to sort something out but still pretty sucky.

I hope you enjoy your mini break luvvie

KB