Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A to the Q

On my last entry, Heather asked:
Do they expect you to do a certain amount of exercise on the program as well? Have you set yourself personal goals of weight and rewards for reaching them? How did you find/enrol for this? I'm curious to learn more.

If you already do daily excerise, they recommend continuing what you already do, but it's not time to start anything new. (I have a whole list of stuff that's not allowed, including "sky-diving, horseback riding, diving alone, etc.") However, I plan on "cheating" a bit and start incorporating 20 minutes of playing DDR into my day.

I haven't set myself personal goals of weight, persay. There's not much I can do to lose the weight faster than what I'm already doing, and to me, thats enough. Right now my weekly goal is to limit my Diet Sprite to three cans a day. I have to drink 300mL of water per shake, plus an additional 3 litres of liquid a day.

Bringing up rewards is interesting, because in the past, my reward system was based on food. I don't know how I'll reward myself now, but I guess I'll have to figure that out.

I found out about this when I was going for my assessment for an eating disorder - I was clicking around on the Ottawa Hospital website and stumbled across it. You need a doctors referral (with fasting blood tests) plus a consult with the clinic. As well, before you start product you need to do another fasting blood test plus ECG. Find more info here.

In other news, I just finished my first shake. Not bad. (I can't believe I just said that).


1 comment:

Kelly said...

What a really interesting programme! Just don't push yourself too much with the exercise sweets, your body isn't getting much food to sustain it so please promise to be careful and not overdo it. *hugs*