Friday, April 4, 2008

Back from the doctors....

So it turns out I have a double ear infection. I was at the doctors for three hours today, ugh! She took a look in my right ear and went "ouch!" and then took a look in my left and did it again - and then was like "well, if I had been as sick as you were this time of year, and my ears looked like that, I would want antibiotics too!" She said it would take up to 2 weeks for the blocked feeling in my ear to go away....I'm feeling quite mixed between "yay its ONLY two weeks of being half deaf" and "crap, its TWO WEEKS of being half deaf".

So now I'm armed with orange juice, chicken soup, vanilla yoghurt and some lovely antibiotics. I have 1.5 loads of laundry to do, but after that's done I'm going to take a steaming-hot-so-it-makes-my-skin-sting shower, and curl up in bed (in freshly laundered sheets, no less) with some chicken soup and call it an early night. I'm already dreading having to run around tomorrow...

Yesterday was so gorgeous, I was outside at 9pm in only a sweater and wasn't the least bit cold, and today was utter shiate - it was slushy raining all day (where it looks like snow coming down but melts on contact with anything). I wish spring would make up her mind already about sticking around! Is that really too much to ask?!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you went to the doc, so sounded like you needed to!

Kelly said...

Hurrah for doctors and their wonderful drugs! I hope you feel better real soon m'dear.

We are rapidly plunging into winter here now - was really uninspiring weather here today and bloody freezing tonight! I'm off to curl up in bed with my electric blanket and Frankie-puss!

*hugs* to you dearheart

Chelle said...

Ugh! Double ear infection? That really, really sucks. I can totally sympathize with you though. I hope the hot shower and chicken soup helped. Get lots of rest and lots of sweetie lovin's for a quicker recovery. ;)