Saturday, December 22, 2007

07 in 40 questions

01. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Date someone younger than I.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions, because I end up breaking them. So I save myself the guilt and just don't make any.
03. Did someone close to you give birth or father a child? Not particularly close to me now, but in the past they were. There are quite a few of them who have had kids or are expecting quite soon. Actually, I think I'm pretty close to the only girl I know in my little social circle who doesn't have a kid or isn't pregnant....and they're keeping them. It's like a pandemic. That I just don't understand.
04. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, my Grandma died last January. And Tammy. (RIP)
05. What countries did you visit? England.
06. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Someone all to myself. Not going to happen though
07. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The day I first actually met Kevin in the flesh.....the day he ended it.......the day(s) I got both my animals. The day I re-met K.02. If it weren't for blogging about it, I wouldn't remember the actual date at all. haha.
08. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? I actually stopped drinking so much. And I actually tried in school (fat lot of good that did me).
09. What was your biggest failure(s)? Don't really want to say on here.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just a couple of nasty colds. And if by illness you're including mental ones, then it's undiagnosed as of yet. Same with my insomnia. Oh and I got diagnosed with ADHD (inattentive type). Yeah, me. ADHD. Whodathunkit? I mean, really, come on - quiet little bookwormish me having ADHD? oooh look, shiny thing.....*watches mesmerized*.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My octopus lamp. Pretty much the entire apartments worth of furniture.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? The Pegster. Skittle. K.02
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Um, no comment at this time is available. Kevin would be a safe bet though.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent. Too much was spent on drugs, yet again. >_<
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Can't remember? Probably going to London.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2007? Waaay too many. Anything by Michael Bublé, any country, Fall Out Boy and Tori Amos.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same, sad.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same, fat.
iii. richer or poorer? Much poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? First half, gone out more to friend's places. Second, spent more time going to school.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Wasting all that time and energy on Kevin. Spending so much time on Facebook! lol.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With the rest of my immediate family at a yoga retreat centre in Montreal. First time since I've moved out I'm spending it somewhere else than by myself, lazing around the house and sleeping. Weird.
21. How will you be spending New Year's? Travelling back from Montreal, sleeping? Maybe with Skittles, chilling at home.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007? Yeah. Twice? (my god, I'm a love-slut).
23. How many one-night stands? Eh, tis none of your damn business.
24. What was your favourite TV program(s)? Grey's, ER, Project Runway Canada/US, Friends....there's more but I can't be assed listing all of them.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
26. What was the best book you read? Crap. Way too many. Getting Rid of Matthew, We Need To Talk About Kevin, Smashed: Story of a Drunken Girlhood, Good In Bed, The Phantom Tollbooth, The Twilight Triology and of course, my all time favourite - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Michael Bublé! Fall Out Boy, Tori Amos, Josh Groban, NIN.... um...can't remember the rest, it's been so long since I listened to any of my own music :( However, if it weren't for KB, I wouldn't have half of those! Thanks darling.
28. What did you want and get? Love. It was just with a different person than I originally expected.
29. What did you want and not get? A pony. I'm still upset about that. Hmmph.
30. Favorite film of this year? Favorite film that was released this year? There were so many movies I wanted to see that came out this year and didn't. Boo. Um...favourite movie of this year....Love & Basketball, Stranger Than Fiction, Pride & Prejudice, and Thank you for Smoking. I could watch those movies over and over. Love & Basketball never fails to make me tear up at the ending. It's so sweet.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 20. I had a few drinks and spent the night chatting online to my sortof boyfriend at the time.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More flowers! hee.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Personal fashion concept? There's such a thing? Lots of raggedy. Lots of black. Lots of v-neck shirts and sweaters. Lots of wearing the same thing over and over and over and over....
34. What kept you sane? The Pegster. Skittles. KB. Music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Eh. Jon Stewart.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? It's not a new issue (nor is it even that policital) but it continues to 'stir' me - the fact that people are discriminated against for their sexual orientation by not being allowed to give blood. F*** you, Canadian Blood Services! Other than that....our stupid Mayor shutting down the SITE Van (they distributed safe inhalent kits)...and also, our INCREDIBLE DOOFUS of a Mayor deciding to continue on as Mayor AFTER he had been charged of bribery and something else under the Criminal Code in order to get his position.
37. Who do you miss? Kevin, but I'm over that now. Kinda :S
38. Who was the best new person you met? On the internet or in person? hahahaha. Internet; KB, in person, the roommie.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: Any mark is better than zero so just start working on it already.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"You make me so hot
Make me wanna drop
You're so ridiculous
I can barely stop
I can hardly breathe
You make me wanna scream
You're so fabulous
You're so good to me Baby Baby" hahahahaha.

No comments: