Thursday, December 6, 2007

Right out of left field....

Who says my life is boring?

oh yeah. me.

but today is shaping up to be anything but boring....

a friend of mine (who has been trying to 'get with me' for years...you'd think he'd get the hint by now I'm not interested? geesh) has just informed he bought me a present. Of the live, caged variety.

Um. What?!!!!

I have yet to discern if this is a joke or not.

Oh. Gosh. It's not a joke. He just showed me what it is - an Australian rat (I think?).

Apparently he got it for me because he wanted to - he's "liked me for so long, I thought maybe this would be a start to a good friendship then take it from there".

Gulp. Oh jeez......


Now, please excuse me while I rush around madly trying to clean up and make space for this new addition to my life. I don't know whether to be angry that he got something as huge as a living, breathing animal for a present without even consulting me first, or flattered. I think I'm both right now. Leaning more towards angry though.

8 comments:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

o.O A... live rat?

Its not a joke?

I'd be freaking out right about now. I love animals, yes, but to just bring that up on somebody? That is just a no-no. Of course, my reaction could be attributed to the fact that I'm allergic to rats, and I am not quite fond of their tails.

And with the not interested thing, most people don't seem to get it. I am not exactly sure a rat is going to change anything...

My .02

~Ammietia

sarah said...

so you DO still read this! yay! lol. (how did you find me anyway?)

He's just lucky I love rats and think they're beyond adorable. Especially at the baby stage, which this one is definitely is. But it's just the principle of the thing, ya know?? That and I don't know how my cat and the rat are going to get along ....... hmmm.

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I really forget how I come across the blogs I read, mostly from finding one, then reading comments, and checking out the commenters blog.

My cat would probably attack it, but my cat is territorial to say the least. Maybe your cat will adapt and they might become friends (it may be a long shot, but stranger things have happened)

Good luck with the rat.

~Ammietia

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Be flattered...I think it is sweet!

Good luck with your rat!

Heather said...

It's lucky he got you something you like! Did he bring cage and supplies for it with the baby? Any ideas for names?

sarah said...

Apparently the name is Moe and yeah, he gave me a little cage that will do for now and stuff to go in the cage and food. Thank goodness.

Katrina said...

Yikes! I can't believe he bought you a rodent! Who does that? Really. I've never heard of such a thing.

sarah said...

ROFL!!! oh Katrina, your comment made me laugh SO hard. It's true, really, he just bought me a rodent and expects it to be romantic - and who does that?

Thanks for the laugh!!