Monday, February 18, 2008

Conversation with Mom

So my mom surprised me yet again when I finally told her about my relationship with K.02. Asked me all about him and then concluded he sounded like a real winner, much to my relief. He might be coming up for Easter or sometime in May (we celebrate the burial of my Grandma then) to meet the entire family....yikes! I sure hope he's up for it, lol.

In other family news, my sister suddenly and unexpectedly just left home on Saturday. She's only 18 and still has a semester of high school to finish - my mom is in total shock about the entire thing as my sister gave no hints or anything, just announced on Saturday that all her things were packed and her friends were going to pick her up shortly. I can't believe my sister would be so foolish to risk everything four months before she graduates - I mean, if she feels that she needs to take a break from my mother, thats not my place to say. But if she screws up her schooling while she's on this little freedom kick....

I just don't want what happened to me to happen to her - it's been 5 years since I left and I'm *just* starting to get everything sorted out and get my feet back underneath me. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone, much less my baby sister....I'm worried about her.

3 comments:

dust and kam said...

Well I am glad all went well with telling your mom! I didn't know you were telling her so quickly! :)

I have a brother that I worry about too! He's a senior this year and on the verge of messing up his education as well. I wish there was something that I could say to him, but I have decided that there isn't. Tough.

I hope everything works out with your sister!

sarah said...

if there's one thing to know about me, Kamie, its that I HATE HATE HATE waiting. Besides, this has been on my mind for the last little bit; since my birthday actually - my relationship with K.02 reached a real turning point then - so it's not like I've been thinking of this for a day or so...I just decided to stop stressing about it and tell her. Now, onto the next hurdle...him meeting the family!! lol! Thank god that isn't for another couple of months though! hee.

Heather said...

http://www.pimpsurveys.com/

and yay for telling your mum!