Monday, August 25, 2008

Can'tsleepcan'tsleepcan'tsleep

can'tsleepcan'tsleepcan'tsleep, ARGH!!

Today we took Molly to the grassy field next to our building and for the first time in about 3-4 months, let her run off-leash. She loved it! We took the ballthrower with us and she went bounding after it for a good 20 minutes. I used to let her roam free all the time when we went outside, until she started not coming when I called (and running away from me when I tried to catch her) - and that, understandably, really freaked me out - so we've been erring on the side of extreme caution since then. Last week though I started mentioning to Keith that I thought she was ready, because she's definitely "quieter" (not so much being a "psycho-puppy" anymore) as well as she just listens a LOT better to both Keith and I. And I love seeing her run freely; I felt badly that I couldn't let her off-leash these past few months. So I'm really happy she was such a good girl today outside!! I can't wait to have more playtimes like that. The eventual goal, once she has her first year shots, is to take her out to the dogpark at Conroy and just let her play. Keith mentioned to me that he wants to eventually be able to go jogging with her as well.

What else did we do this weekend?
Oh, we bought Sims2 Pets expansion pack. Now all we're missing is the "Seasons" and "Open for Business" expansion packs, as well as the PIN code for "Nightlife". So far I have a black lab called Molly, a bull mastiff called Mady, and a Rottweiler called Honour (all to different families, of course). Yep, it's pretty safe to say I'm a Sims2 addict. (Note to the wise; never let your Sims have 4 kids. Six Sims to control is WAY TOO MANY!!!)

House is a mess, of course. I hurt my knee cleaning the bedroom last night; not too sure what I did to it but it hurts when I bend it. So I've been kind of trying to take it a bit easy today so I'll be able to clean tomorrow.

Also got Seasons 2 and 3 of Friends on DVD this weekend. Now we have Season 2, 3, 7 and 10 - it doesn't matter what order we get them in because I've seen every single episode.
I got a new pair of shoes as well. Well, I loved my old pair so much I actually replaced them with the exact same pair.

That's about it, I guess. Final medal count in Athens was 18 - 3 gold, 9 silver, and 6 bronze ...which is more than our medal count in the last two Olympics (12 in Athens, 14 in Sydney). The highest ever was 22 medals in Atlanta in a non-boycotted Games. Now, if fourth place was a medal finish, Canada would run away with it.

CANNOT WAIT for 2012! I'm getting nostalgic for London already, LOL.

2010 is going to be special since it's being held in Vancouver, Canada! woop woop! Courtesy of a Bell commercial, I now know there are "only" 538 days until then. Yesterday, courtesy of the same commercial, there were 539. YEP, the commercial is counting down the days, which means it'll be playing AT LEAST once a day for the next 500 days. Ingenious marketing department Bell has, don't you think?

And you know how I was bitching about CBC's coverage? They aren't covering the Olympics anymore! TSN and CTV are taking over for a few years. I wonder how good of a job they'll do?

Kay, I'm off to crawl into bed next to my sweetie for (hopefully) some cuggles and sleepytimes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What is in 2010? Winter Olympics?

I so know what you mean about friends, I'm the same. I can catch a glance and know what episode it is and though I've seen them a gazillion times (had them all on video in the olden days lol) I still love them.